Jared Higgins, PEPrincipal | Mechanical Engineer
Jared Higgins, PE, CEM, GGP, is a Principal and Mechanical Engineer in Parkhill’s MEP/Structural Sector. He is a leader in mechanical systems design and energy services, which includes energy modeling, building commissioning, and energy policy and codes. Through his expertise, Higgins initiated the Energy Services Group within Parkhill to begin providing these services as well as assist with education in the trend of energy policy, energy codes, carbon reduction, cybersecurity, and Net Zero building design. He is one of Parkhill’s leaders in research focused on emerging trends and technology. Higgins is an advocate of the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) and the advancement of energy awareness.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2011 Legends In Energy Inductee
- 2012 Young Energy Professional of the Year in Region IV
- 2014 Building Design + Construction Magazine’s 40 Under 40
- 2014 Control Engineering Magazine’s Engineering Leaders Under 40
- 2014 Young Professionals of Greater Lubbock 20 Under 40
- 2015 Consulting Specifying Engineer Magazine’s 40 Under 40
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “Modeling the Challenge of EA Credit 1” –Presented at 34th Annual World Energy Engineering Congress in Chicago, October 2011 – Published in February 2013 Energy Engineering
- “Using Measured Utility Data to Verify Energy Models” –Presented at ASHARE 2012 Annual Meeting in San Antonio, June 2012
- “Energy Modeling Basics. A Brave New World for Young Building Modeling Professionals.” – Presented at ASHRAE 2012 Annual Meeting in San Antonio, June 2012 – Published in December 2012 ASHRAE Journal
- “Building Utility Measurement and Verification” – Presented at Texas College and University
- Facilities Conference in South Padre Island in October 2012.
- “When Energy Models Outperform their Buildings: What Happened and How to Prevent It” – Presented at Globalcon 2013 in Philadelphia and EMC West in Las Vegas –Published in Winter 2014 issue of Strategic Planning for Energy & the Environment
- “Energy Conservation Code and the School District” – Presented at the 2014 Texas Association of School Board Annual Meeting in Dallas in September 2014.
- Keynote Speaker for the Oklahoma Annual Energy Conference in Tulsa in October 2014.
- “IECC 2012 & Beyond” – Presented at the 2014 Texas Society of Architects in Houston in
- November 2014.
- “Behavorial Energy Change in Rapidly Changing Environments” – Presented at the 2016 Globalcon Event in Boston Massachusetts in March 2016.
- “2015 International Energy Conservation Code Update and Review” – Webinar developed for Forester University
- “Energy Master Planning for Facilities” – Webinar developed for Forester University
- “COVID 19 and the Building Environment” – Published locally May 2020.